Cannabinoid Curious: Education and Medical Sign-Up
Bust the myths surrounding medical cannabis and become enlightened on the wellness benefits.
Are you curious about medical cannabis as an alternative treatment option for your chronic health condition or confused on how to become a cannabis patient in the state of Maryland and use it effectively?
You will want to join us for this event if you have been considering cannabis as a medical alternative, but are uncertain as to how to begin the process.
We will launch the event providing education on the basics of medical cannabis, how it interacts with the body, and various health conditions we are currently facing that can benefit. Mark Spataro, from Chesacanna will highlight the medicinal properties of the plant, how it can be utilized effectively, and proper dosing. We will review the program in Maryland and specific regulations.
Following the education program, we will help you get registered with the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) and you will undergo a medical consultation with a nurse practitioner.
Currently, these are the qualifying conditions covered by MMCC:
Any condition that is severe, for which other medical treatments have been ineffective, and if the symptoms “reasonably can be expected to be relieved” by the medical use of Cannabis.
Have a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that results in the patient being admitted into hospice or receiving palliative care.
Have a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or are receiving treatment for a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes:
- Wasting Syndrome
- Severe or Chronic Pain
- Severe Nausea
- Chronic or Severe Muscle Spasms
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes severe loss of appetite.
**If you are unsure whether your condition qualifies for medical cannabis certification, please call WOW Wellness at 410-718-0731 for further clarification.
Please bring the following to the event:
To be registered with the state and receive a medical certification for cannabis use, you MUST bring the following:
Obtain a Patient Number with MMCC (First Step of Process):
• Government-issued ID and proof of Maryland residence. If your ID does not show your current Maryland address, you must also bring TWO forms of proof of your current Maryland residence dated within the past 90 days (utility bill, mortgage/lease statement, bank statement, etc.)
• $50 Fee to purchase a physical ID card at the time of registration with the MMCC. This fee must be paid with a Visa or Mastercard. Your state-issued medical cannabis ID card will be good for 3 years.
• If you would like to expedite the waiting period for your card, you can begin the state registration process prior to the event. The $50 fee will be required during this first step. If you do decide to register on your own, you can start the application here. Please be sure to read ALL the instructions in order to avoid your application being denied. If you prefer, we will complete this process for you at the event.
Obtain Provider Certification (Second Step of Process):
Health records (any of the following are acceptable):
- Print out of diagnoses, list of medications, progress notes, or other pertinent records from your patient portal.
- Pharmacy print out of medication history.
- Documentation such as X-ray, CT, MRI report.
- Disability paperwork.
- VA paperwork.
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, or acupunture notes.
- Any other official document stating medical history/condition.
The fee for medical consultation with the nurse practitioner for certification is $100.
Event Contact Information:
You may contact the organizer, WOW Wellness with questions at:
Jennifer Bull, FNP, CS at 410-718-0731 or [email protected].
We are located in the Farmer’s Insurance Building next to Captain’s Trey’s.
10629 York Road
Cockeysville, MD 21030
We have parking in our back lot and can also park next door.
Note: There will be no actual cannabis products at this event. This is an adults only event, guests must be 21 years of age or older.
Cannabinoid Curious: Education and Medical Sign-UpWednesday, September 25, 2019 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM